WHAT WE DO
We make investments better so you can drive your performance, fundraising success, mission, and organization further.
Who We Serve & What
Meta Investing helps business leaders, including asset managers, asset owners, and consultants, improve every aspect of the investment and asset management value chains. We lead you toward greater clarity and capacity, organizational resilience, better returns, opportunistic growth, and long-term scalability.
- Honest: we tell it like it is.
- Collaborative: we work alongside you to solve each problem.
- Data-Driven: we ground our recommendations in the facts.
- Action-Oriented: we succeed only when you accomplish your goals.
- Client-Focused: listening is critical to our approach.
- Flexible: circumstances can change and we are ready to adapt.
Where We’re Going
& How We’ll Get There
To transform alternative credit asset management across the globe.
Making investments better by embracing the big picture while managing the details.
ABOUT THE FOUNDER
Welcome! I’m Jonathan DeSimone, Founder of Meta Investing. I’m an accomplished alternative asset CEO and CIO with over 30 years of experience, cutting across nearly every sector and company size. I’ve led large teams and small ones, mentoring and developing talent by example.
I combine a strong analytic approach, strategic perspective, and an inspirational collaborative style; I can see the bigger picture while commanding the detail. I have considerable understanding and expertise across a multitude of asset management products and services, with specific depth in:
- Syndicated credit, including high yield, leveraged loans and CLOs
- Private markets, including direct lending, distressed, and special situations
- Developing new products and building businesses in new regions
- Establishing, mentoring, and retaining enduring management teams
I’ve always been passionate about investing, and I stand by my many sound philosophies, such as:
- Team empowerment and autonomy, along with support and accountability
- Championing efficient, data-driven processes
- Keen interest in the “meta” or self-reflection, especially with cognitive biases and human behaviors, embracing their creation of opportunities and even challenges in modern organizations
Non-Profit & Community
Industry Experience Highlights
1992 to 2002:
Bain & Company
- Helped Fortune 500 companies in a variety of assignments, from corporate strategy and M&A to operations and salesforce effectiveness.
- Supported a multitude of clients in the consumer, industrial, and private equity sectors.
- Promoted to the MBA-equivalent role of consultant, and then Manager, leading teams in Bain’s Private Equity Group (PEG), overseeing over 50 due diligence exercises and portfolio company engagements.
Bain Capital Credit
- Opened the London office in 2005, scaled the team from two to 18 and built relationships with skeptical European PE houses while deploying several billion dollars of capital at attractive returns across liquid, private credit, and special situations funds.
- Served as CIO and leader of Bain Capital’s Liquid Credit platform, working with large institutional investors across the world tailoring credit solutions, incorporating every segment of the credit market.
- Evaluated opportunities across the entire BCC platform as a member of the BCC Credit Committee.
- Joined as CEO while the business was in transition. Focused on putting the right senior people in place and developing a team-oriented culture to enable future growth.
- Assessed the market landscape, keenly aware of the changes in alternative asset management and the increasing importance of scale and breadth, which led to the initiation of a sales process.
- Managed the business through a year-long sales process, engaging buyers and culminating in a deal to sell Alcentra to Franklin Templeton’s Benefit Street Partners.